The HORNET H2 is a really well designed, simple and strong e-bike carrier; ease-to-use and very good value for your money.
The E-HORNET H2 is very strong, stable and easy to use rack to transport heavy e-bikes.
The wide wheel supports allow to mount most regular bike sizes and tire sizes.
Key features of the E-HORNET 2
Assembly: Even though it is not assembled, E-HORNET H2 is very easy to put together: assemble the wheel support frame to the base using 4 screws, fit the rack into the 2″ receiver with the wrench provided and you are ready to go!
Fitting to the car: Made to fit 2″ receiver tubes, equipped with a locking hitch bolt and tool included.
Holding the bike: Simply position the bike on the wheel support. Adjust the clamp position by sliding it around the vertical tubular frame to find the perfect fit with the bike frame. Clamp the frame, attach the wheels using the ratchet straps, lock the clamps.
Optional lighting system: The E-HORNET H2 was designed to receive our different lights and license plate supports (7 or 13 pin light kit available).
Tilting: Tilting is easy, and is very well balanced even with a full load. It gives you an easy access to the trunk.
Folding: Folding is easy using a simple handle secured with a safety steel clip.
Carrying bikes and e-bikes
- The wheel holders will accommodate all wheelbases (not tandem!), even small children’s bikes.
- The long rubber-padded wheel straps hold tyres up to 4” wide; pull on them to tighten, and use the quick release to loosen
- The lockable frame arms hold your bikes securely and can be attached to any part of the frame, or the seat post. They can be locked using the same key as the tow ball attachment system.
- The maximum permitted load is 60kg (132lbs), with no bike weighing more than 30kg (66lbs)
Other features and basic specifications
- A reminder that it locks to the car.
- The E-HORNET H2 sits high on the hitch, well clear of speed bumps and other hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- Dimensions: 127cm wide x 93cm deep.
- Weight: 16.5kg (36.5lbs)
- The build quality – tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting, component quality, is exemplary. The whole carrier looks and feels like the class act it is. All tools you might need are provided.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall – which happens!
- A loading ramp is available separately.